“Japan" as Portrayed in Western MusicMITSUHIRA Yūki (Liberal arts communicator, Center for Information and Public Relations (CIP), National Institu...November 15, 2022
From France to Shanghai and Nagasaki: Tracking the Culture Nurtured by the MissionariesSHIRAISHI Eri (Assistant Professor)September 15, 2022
The Buddha, Hōjōki, and the Future of “Impermanence” ResearchARAKI Hiroshi (Professor)July 14, 2022
Reexamining the PostwarTSUBOI Hideto (Professor)February 14, 2022
TEAM RESEARCH REPORTS AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS
YASUI Manami, Lawrence E. MARCEAU, eds.
Sōzō suru shintai: 1. shintai imeeji no henyō (The Body as Subject (volume...Rinsen Shoten、December 2022.
ISOMAE Jun'ichi, Talal ASAD, SAKAI Naoki, PRADHAN ...
Posuto koroniaru kenkyū no isan: honyaku fukanō na mono o honyaku suru (On...Jimbun Shoin、December 2022.
LIU Jianhui, ed.
Manshū to iu isan: sono keiken to kyōkun （The Legacy of Manchuria: Experie...Minerva Shobō、September 2022.
ARARAGI Shinzō, MATSUDA Toshihiko, LEE Hongjang, H...
Teikoku no hazama o ikiru: Kōsaku suru kokkyō, hito no idō, aidentiti (Lif...Mizuki Shorin、April 2022.
Consortium for Global Japanese Studies, ed.
After/With korona no “Kokusai Nihon kenkyū”: Yōroppa kara no hōkoku (Globa...International Research Center for Japanese Studies、March 2022.
KOMATSU Kazuhiko, YASUI Manami and NANGŌ Kōko, eds...
Yōkai bunka kenkyū no shinjidai (The Next Phase of YOKAI Culture Studies)....Serika Shobō、March 2022.
The NICHIBUNKEN NEWSLETTER, a semi-annual bulletin in Japanese and English, was launched in 1988. After moving to an online platform in 2020, the Newsletter continues to provide the latest information from Nichibunken, including reports on research projects, messages from scholars and fellows, publications, and new appointments.
- Reports by faculty on research at Nichibunken
- Essays by visiting research scholars/visiting research fellows and messages from newly appointed and retiring or departing scholars
- Team Research Reports and Other Publications
- Information about new Nichibunken publications
- New Appointments
- New appointments of visiting research scholars and fellows at Nichibunken
- Awards received by research scholars and professors emeriti
* All information published in the Newsletter is accurate at the time of submission.
NICHIBUNKEN NEWSLETTER to No. 100
can be found in open access.